Keiko Conn understands how beauty and love touches us all. As the President and Director of Touch of Creation Cultural Events she has brought to life productions such as the Moonlight Star Festival showcasing beautiful stories such as the Bamboo Princess!
Keiko’s production career started while working at an AM radio station in Hawaii, broadcasting in the Japanese language . In her two years with the station, she moved quickly from being a copywriter to writing and producing her own half hour radio show. Aired weekly, the show combined cooking and aromatherapy and was called, “Herb Kaori”. A name she still continues to use.
Keiko moved on and became very active with Miss Hawaii USA and Miss Hawaii Teen USA as an international sponsor and recruiter for Japan. For five years she worked closely with department members to maximize their budget.
She has been involved with the Shriners Hospital for Children, Koakini Hospital, Hawaii Volunteers and USA/ Japan Friendship Concert. She also participated in the 75th Diamond Anniversary Banquet for the Chinese Women’s Club of Honolulu.
While living in Hawaii, Keiko met her husband. It was during this time that she created, “Where East Meets West” a cultural exchange between Japan and Hawaii. This name later became the now slogan for Touch of Creation Cultural Events “The Gateway Where East Meets West”.
She reallocated to Arizona in 2002, and continued her efforts to bridge the cultures of America and Japan.
She was acknowledge by the mayor of Phoenix for serving on the Pacific Rim Advisory Council. She is also currently the vice president of the Arizona Asian American Association and an active member of the Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix Arizona.
Through her passion and dedication, she created Touch of Creation Cultural Events in 2004, and has produced numerous events such as:
- 2004 Taste of Far East: Arts, Music, Holistic, Culture and Cuisine
- 2005 Show Case Japan Night
- 2006 2nd Annual Native American Women’s Leadership Council
- 2007 Fashion Show: Land of the Rising Sun, Glamour of the Kimono
- 2007 Silk Road Through China
- 2008 Asian Pacific American Heritage Celebration Luncheon
- 2008 GeoDay Trip Celebration Asia Arizona Geographic Alliance/Department of Geography, Arizona State University
- 2008 Runway Beauty Magazine Fashion Show